Library App Offline
With the Library's dedicated app experiencing ongoing technical issues, Members are encouraged to use the online hub.
Beyond its nearly 20,000 English-language books, periodicals and audiobooks for adults and children, the Library is a haven for knowledge exploration, relaxation and literary events.
Boasting a broad collection of titles, free-to-use computers and tablets, a selection of DVDs and Blu-rays, a patio and study booths, the Library also hosts regular author and kids' events and supports a monthly book group.
Books, Audiobooks and Magazines
- Checkout period: 14 days
- Items may be renewed twice. Renewal does not apply to items on hold.
- Up to 10 books, three audiobooks and three magazines per membership card may be checked out at any one time.
- Overdue fees: ¥50 per day for adult/young adult items; ¥30 per day for children's items (prices exclude tax)
DVDs and Blu-rays
- Checkout period: seven days (three days for new releases)
- Items may be renewed twice. Renewal does not apply to items on hold or new releases.
- Up to three items per membership card may be checked out at any one time.
- Overdue fees: ¥100 per day (price excludes tax)
- Lost items will incur a replacement fee (¥3,300 for books; ¥1,100 for magazines), along with the cost of a new item (accrued overdue fees will be waived).
- If a lost item is returned before a replacement has been purchased, the cost of the book will be refunded (accrued overdue fees will remain).
- Member-purchased replacements will not be accepted.
Requesting and Holding Books
- Members can put a hold on titles currently checked out by e-mail, the Club website or phone.
- While about 50 books are added to the collection each month, the Library is happy to accept title requests.
OverDrive: Digital Books
- Browse a global catalog of digital titles and audiobooks through the Library's OverDrive collection online or download the Libby app to any device.
- Click Sign In on the OverDrive front page then input your five-digit membership number. Use the same ID for the password.
The Library regularly replenishes its giveaway shelves. Book donations are accepted only with approval by the Library manager.
The Club stocks a number of English-language periodicals, including Monocle, The Economist, Elle and The New Yorker.
Members also enjoy free access to e-books, audiobooks and magazines from around the world by signing in to Overdrive or the Libby app.
This welcoming, glass-enclosed space is chock-full of titles for budding bookworms up to the age of 12 (children under 8 must be accompanied by an adult).
The Library also organizes seasonal reading programs author and book-related activities, including a daily storytime at 4pm in the Children's Library.
Join fellow bibliophiles for some casual literary chatter on the third Thursday of the month from 11am–12:30pm in the Washington and Lincoln rooms. Contact the Library for more details.